President/Chairman of the Board Responsibilities
The President of the Kamloops Sports Legacy Fund Society fulfills the role of Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
The Chairman is responsible for managing the processes of the Board and for ensuring that it discharges the responsibilities outlined within its mandate. The responsibilities are:
- Provide leadership to the Board and the Society.
- Schedule regular meetings of the full Board and work with committee chairpersons to ensure proper committee structure and coordinate regular schedules for committee meetings.
- Ensure the appropriate agenda for regular or special Board meetings based on input from Directors and the Executive Director.
- Ensure flow of information to the Board and review the adequacy and timing of the distribution of documented material for effective study and decision making.
- Act as the liaison between the Board and the Executive Director and be the spokesperson of the Board.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution all appropriate reports to members in advance of all regular and special meetings of the Society.
- Chair all meetings of the Society.
- Work with the Board’s Governance Committee to establish procedures to govern the activities of the Board and policies that reflect the mandates of the committees and the Board as a whole.
- Carry out other duties defined by the needs of the Board and the Kamloops Sports Legacy Fund Society.